Look what comes up from the depths of the sea.

Look what comes up from the depths of the sea.
After you read, feel free to make a comment or ask a question in the comment box. You can sign up as a follower on the right, or you can sign up by e-mail at the bottom if you would like to follow the whole year. You may also chose to simply read along and make no comments. Whatever you choose. If you fall behind, as most people will do, don't worry...the whole year is here and you can catch up at your own speed. I highly encourage you to stick with it, If you read the Bible, you are going to mine some real jewels and insights.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Matthew 12: 22:50

The unpardonable sin.......my study Bible notes that some people get nervous that they may have blasphemed against the Holy Spirit....the Greek verb tense indicates that this would be a continuous and repetitive action.....this is intent.   Look at how Patricia sees it:

Let me start by saying, this is meat and potatoes.  This is not easy to break down.  I sat with a group of ladies a few weeks ago on this part of Matthew and it took 90 minutes just to discuss a few paragraphs, so my point is ASK QUESTIONS…I do.  Jesus talks about how it  is He who takes demons out and then rolls right into the:
The Unpardonable Sin. Matthew 12:30-32
“He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters. And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.
 Think on that.  If you say there is no such thing as the Holy Spirit, that is an unforgiving sin. Why is that unpardonable??  Why is that the ONLY Sin God will not forgive?  Because it takes Jesus off the Cross.   Jesus was in all his humanity the Son of God, but the resurrection was for us to have the Holy Spirit.  When we get to Pentecost I want you to be really fired up, right now we are reading the foreshadow of that to come.  The bi-product of Salvation IS the Holy Spirit.

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. why do I think that we read that earlier.....but it was that if you did not believe in God or spoke against him that was the unforgivable sin......I wish I knew where we read that.......can you tell me where we read about the unforgivable sin....about blasphemy.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You thought we read that earlier because WE DID! I am so proud of you! Mark 3:28-30

    ReplyDelete