Look what comes up from the depths of the sea.

Look what comes up from the depths of the sea.
After you read, feel free to make a comment or ask a question in the comment box. You can sign up as a follower on the right, or you can sign up by e-mail at the bottom if you would like to follow the whole year. You may also chose to simply read along and make no comments. Whatever you choose. If you fall behind, as most people will do, don't worry...the whole year is here and you can catch up at your own speed. I highly encourage you to stick with it, If you read the Bible, you are going to mine some real jewels and insights.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Romans 4-7

Now remember that Paul is teaching what to believe to the Romans he had never met....we are going to see some CHURCH words, and you know how I feel about those.  Don't use them unless you know what they mean because nothing makes someone not receive your message than a big DOCTRINAL CHURCHY word. I just don't think Jesus talked like this to his disciples.

OK...let's break it down Sis-tahs...
Abraham was justified by faith......JUSTIFIED MEANS:  pronounced not-guilty.    Not guilty of what?   Sin. How so?   He Believed.  In what?  that he was saved by God (cause there was no Jesus in human form yet, and God was busy teaching Abraham the Gospel when he commanded Abraham to sacrifice Issac).

OK....Abraham's faith was credited to him as RIGHTEOUSNESS.      Take the RIGHT part and remember that it means you are in RIGHT standing with God.  God hates sin and can't be anywhere around it.  Jesus took sin upon himself on the cross, and now we can walk boldly to the throne of Grace. (maybe not literally until we are dead LOL, but we can approach God boldly without a High Priest doing it for us)

OK...what is the promise of God since it is mentioned 5 times in Chapter 4?   The promise (or covenant) God gave Abraham stated that Abraham would be the father of many nations and that the entire world would be blessed by him.  This promise was fulfilled in Jesus Christ!!!!!  Jesus was from Abraham's line, and truly the whole world was blessed through him.

Chapter 5....WE HAVE PEACE WITH GOD THROUGH OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST....this is a promise!!!!!!   You may not feel peace, but we have it.....work with Jesus to let it happen.  He is in control, you know.  He loves us.

WHILE WE WERE STILL SINNERS, CHRIST DIED FOR US.....We have been justified (declared not-guilty) by his blood......


We have death through Adam....he brought sin into the world and the penalty of sin is DEATH (thanks Adam!!)  BUT WE HAVE LIFE THROUGH CHRIST!!!!!!

We are dead to sin and alive to Christ!
WE are slaves to something....we are slaves to the thing we obey.

My motto is from Chapter 7...the struggle between the natural and the spiritual:

Paul says....I am unspiritual (of the flesh), sold as a slave to sin (when Adam fell).  I do not understand what I do.  For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.  And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good.  As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me.....For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do-this I keep on doing.  Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is not longer I who do it, but it is the sin living in me that does it...

Without Christ's help, sin is stronger that we are.....we cannot overcome sin with human willpower.

WAR IN THE MIND.......WHO WILL RESCUE ME FROM THIS BODY OF DEATH?  THANKS BE TO GOD-THROUGH JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD.

OK....don't you feel a little better about some of your struggles if this APOSTLE dude had struggles????  You are NOT alone.

OK I have to go rest after this blog entry....

2 comments:

  1. Lots of info here....you did a great job explaining the part about Abraham....thanks........

    One verse that caught me is 7:12..."Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good." My Bible explains this as The Word of God reveals His character- His holiness, justice, goodness, kindness, and more. It reveals His perfect nature and our fallen nature.

    Another verse I like is 6:23...."For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." That is wonderful to know!!

    A section in my bible talks about spiritual battles. (hmmmm heard this alot in Wed. nite Bible study)... My Bible says the conflict within you between flesh and Spirit is spiritual warfare, and you win much of the battle just by realizing it exists. Sin is a powerful force, but it can no longer control you unless you allow it to do so. You cannot wander too far, fail too many times, or exceed Christ's forgiveness. When you repent and turn to Him, He restores you to fellowship as though nothing ever happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOO...I love the thought of "you win the battle just by realizing it exists."

    ReplyDelete